I hope this post does not offend anyone.
15) Narrate a conversation between you and someone in your life who you never had closure with (a friend, an ex, a family member, etc.) What would you say? What would they say? What outcome would you hope for?
My uncle. He passed away on my 24th birthday. My father did not play an active role in my life growing up and unfortunately was not there when my mother gave birth to me. My uncle was there. So it only made sense when he passed on my birthday, life and death. He struggled with demons in his younger years and brought that into many of his relationships. His younger children(my cousins) became very controlling as a result of their father’s earlier life. Although my uncle remarried and turned his life around there are negative behaviours he left with his children which they took out on me. I resented him for that. The last conversation we had I was extremely rude to him and he had no idea why. I wanted to tell him that he ultimately hurt me too but I just didn’t know how. When he passed, broken relationships where mended except between an uncle and a niece. I would have told him that his ways affected me too and that till this day they affect me. I would also apologize for my behaviour.
Niece: You were abusive and in turn caused your children to become abusive in other ways
Uncle: what do you mean? What are you talking about?
Niece: they have hurt me and they are this way because you hurt them. So you hurt me too. I’m older now and you’re no longer my moon and stars. I see you as a man, flaws and all. I understand how they are the way they are, but I don’t want to be subjected to their abuse anymore.
Uncle: (making excuses)
Niece: I’m sorry I was rude to you before. I had this hurt on my chest that I didn’t know how how to get off. My father ignited it and I saw him in you. You both are supposed to protect me, not abuse and neglect me.
16) If you planted a time capsule right now of your life to be opened in 20 years, what would be in it?
1. My children’s bible
2. My body butter – new business venture
3. a copy of my first magazine issue
4. my old blackberry
5. a pair of my favorite heels
6. a bottle of El dorado rum
7. A few albums (Jcole – Born Sinner, Drake – Take Care(not Nothing Was The Same) and Emeli Sande – Our Version of Events
8. Acts of Faith by Iyanla Vanzant
9. A pic of my family and I
10. A list of my current goals
My diary is my real time capsule, so glad I keep them.